Sunday, January 30, 2011

FrancoLandia

Everyone who reads my blog knows what a rough year I've had friendship wise. But I finally accepted the fact that people change and that sometimes friendships die. I was excited to be moving, not sad at all about leaving people from my past behind. And then I check my email. The last thing I expected to see was an email from a person who was my best friend for years. I've lived with her family from time to time and I was closer to her than anyone else in my life. For reasons that are best left unsaid, her and I had a falling out a while ago which finally blew up into a confrontation on the street and almost ended up with us physically fighting. For me that's when I was done. I knew then that our friendship was over...and it was like a bad breakup. We couldn't be in the same room at the same time, and sadly that forced mutual friends to take sides. Anyways, the point is that she was my friend, and then she wasn't and I had finally come to terms with it. And then she emails me a letter saying good-bye. She wrote about how she misses me as a friend and about how she thinks about me all the time. She said she wishes she understood why things happened the way they did and then she said-"I'm sorry." Up until then I was OK, but those two words opened up the wound and broke my heart all over again. I miss the good times that we had. I miss the laughter and the tears. I miss her family and more than anything I miss her. And now I'm sad. I have less than 3 days until I leave and I don't know if I'm going to have time to see her one more time. I want the chance to see her face to face so I can tell her that I'm sorry too. But whether I see her again or not, I now know two things for sure: 1.) She will always be a part of me. I am who I am because of the time that we were friends and 2.) True friendships never end. They have their up's and downs and good times and bad but they never, ever end. A friend is a friend...and a friendship like the one that we shared is a friendship forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment